Are you trying to decide between either 360 Frontal Wigs vs Lace Front Wigs for your next lace wig purchase ? 360 Frontal Wigs and Lace Front Wigs are two popular and highly consumed wigs in the hair market. In this article, we will compare 360 Frontal Wig vs Lace Front Wig and explain their pros and cons, so you can choose the best lace wig for your needs.
Overview: 360 Frontal Wigs vs Lace Front Wigs
Before we get into details, let’s take a quick look at both popular lace wigs and what makes them stand out.
What is a 360 Frontal Wig?
360 Frontal Wigs or 360 Wigs are the latest go-to option for bundles and lace frontal closures wearing individuals . It’s gained momentum since its 2016 launch to the hair market , made by adding wefts in the middle from a standard 22×4.5×2” 360 Band Lace Frontal , which give the wig wearer the advantages of styling without exposing bundle wefts from prior utilizing the standard 13×4”- 13×6” Lace Frontal closures in the past. With the advancement of the 360 wigs you can achieve endless up-do hairstyles without the embarrassment of exposure of your bundles, as well it saves time on sewing the bundle hair extensions with said closure pieces.
What is Lace Front Wig?
A Lace Front Wig is a uniquely designed lace wig cap where are both made by hand and machine with the unique cap styles available from machine weft backing to new lace front wig cap with lace at the back. Each of our lace wigs comes with baby hairs along the front of the unit.
Both wigs are available in Remy Human Hair as well Virgin Human Hair, they can be styled in most of today’s trendy hairstyles , and be utilized as a means to cover hair loss or just a quick option for a short notice event appearance . However, they both have different pros and cons which make them unique. Let’s dig deeper.
What to Look for in Your Lace Wig ?
If you are just starting out, then you would want to keep a few things in mind when choosing either of these lace wigs . These basic factors are crucial when deciding which wig solution will be better for your next lace wig purchase .
• Budget – Cost of each wig can range from low to high, based on hair type ( hair origin), density (thickness of the hairs) and hair length .
• Ease of Use – How easy is it to wear for beginners to veteran wig wearers.
• Protective Hair-styling – It should support the option to gain protective hairstyle option. If you re-growing your natural hair or in between hairstyles , then you need to make sure that either wig supports them.
• Ease of Styling– Your Lace wig should not only be comfortable to wear but also easy to re-style, giving the wig wearers a fresh hairstyle option everyday.
These are just some of the basic things you need to look at. Depending on your lace wig choice , you may also want to consider how these lace wigs styling capabilities are like: ease of wear , natural looking, hairstyling ease, and more.
In this 360 Frontal Wigs vs Lace Front Wigs comparison, we will review how both lace wigs compare on these basic requirements.
Ease of Use: 360 Frontal Wigs vs Lace Front Wigs
Most folks starting an lace wigs are not versed on the pros and cons of lace front wigs. They learn mostly through video tutorials and word of mouth from friends yet still end up with a not so good “first-time” installing their lace wigs.
Even experienced wig wearers may experience the same outcome. Most forget when choosing whether to use wig adhesives or wig tapes they may have to go through several , until they find “the one” that works with their chemistry over time without slippage of the wig after adhering or the mishaps of applying glues to hairlines -which will lead to tearing of hairs and the delicate Swiss Lace material when in a panic.
Let’s take a look at 360 Frontal Wigs and Lace Front Wigs to see which one is more easy to use.
360 Frontal Wigs – Ease of Use
360 Wigs are a great wig option for both beginners to veterans specifically due to several factors, packing tons of built-in features that’s effortless right out of the box. It comes with an advanced ease of wear that can be a good compliment for any wig wearer.
It is easy to install and most of you will get a snug fit accompanied by the anatomic curve constructed wig cap design and four(4) combs intricately sewn in so most won’t have the required need to use wig glues , natural hairlines , the capabilities to place in a very high bun hairstyle, especially when choosing a hair texture closely replicating an individuals natural hair texture. As an added bonus adjustable straps-which is the key feature to giving any lady that secure feel when wearing the 360 wig.
Lace Front Wigs – Ease of Use
Whether you prefer the Lace Front Wig Cap design feature with extra lace material at the nape or without Lace at the nape . These lace fronts, can give any “wiggy” these bonus features similar to the 360 wig . Features like : adjustable straps, three-four combs, soft Swiss lace material, baby hair along the hairline, virtually a natural looking hairline. But with a few drawbacks in styling these lace front wigs in a very high bun hairstyle due to the limited lace material designed on these lace front wigs.
The Pros and Cons of Lace Front Wigs vs. 360 Frontal Wigs
Pros and Cons of the 360 Frontal Wigs
– Ease in style
– Snug fit
– Anatomic wig cap
– Elasticated breathable wig cap
– Capabilities to style in a very high bun hairstyle
– Baby-hairs along hairlines
– Available Hair density ranging from 120-180%
– Variety in hair textures
– Availability in Virgin Human Hair and Remy Human Hair
– Lifespan of 12 months or more depending on individual wig care.
– Learning curve: Learning would be the first step, you’ll have to understand the proper braiding patterns required for not only comfort but ease of style,to wear and remove the wig. This wouldn’t be a very difficult thing to do; you will get it after repeating the process for a couple of times.
– Wig Adhesives: There several types of adhesives available in the market, but only few will work great with your chemistry so there will be trial and error period until finding “the one”.
– Maintenance : Just like your natural hair these human hair wigs require care . From washing and deep conditioning. This has to be done every 2 to 4 weeks. More frequent during warmer weathers.
– Clean-up: Clean up is required before and after reapplying.
Pro’s and Cons of Lace Front Wigs
- Three- Four combs inside wig cap
- Natural hairline
- Availability in Heat Safe Fibers ( more budget friendly wig option for newbies, on fashionably tight budget)
- Pre – colored Lace Front Wigs availability ( so no need to ombré while these trendy hues are stocked).
- Hair Density 120-200%- so you can have a conservative look to a very dramatic volume
- Lace Color matching – medium to dark tone lace color in stock
Just like the 360 frontal wigs these lace front wigs face similar if not exactly the same drawbacks.
- Limited in styling in a high bun hairstyle due to lack of sufficiently enough Lace material going around the perimeter of the wig.
- Learning curve: Learning proper trimming techniques. Placing the wig at the right points without damaging the hairline, are some of the learning curves you will face at first attempt in attachment of your lace wig.
- Wig Adhesives can be tricky: With several in the market, once again trial and error , plus finding the one to work greatly with your body’s chemistry. Will give the ultimate results.
- Wig Reapplication: Should be done every 3 to 4 weeks.
- Clean-up: Clean up is required before and after reapplying, which may be time consuming.
With approximately 40 million women in the US suffering from hair loss and within an approximate 10 million of them under the age of 40. No wonder most women are wearing lace wigs to covering their insecurities with these beautifully coiffed lace wigs. Or whether they wear them as a fashion accessory to the latest seasonal trends, wigs aren’t going anywhere but learning more about what’s a suitable wig for an individual’s needs, will guide them towards gorgeous flowing hair.